“SUSTAINABLE CULTURAL TOURIST DESTINATIONS” AWARD
ETC (European Travel Commission), in partnership with the European Cultural Tourism Network (ECTN), Europa Nostra and the Network of European Regions for a Sustainable and Competitive Tourism (NECSTouR), promote another edition of the Award for Sustainable Cultural Tourist Destinations.
This year’s edition shall be subject to the topic “Culture and Heritage for the Responsible, Innovative and Sustainable Tourism” and, for this purpose, the interested parties must submit their application until 1 July, on the event’s official webpage.
This contest is open for European tourist destinations which demonstrate results within the scope of the sustainable cultural tourism, in seven pre-established categories:
• Intangible cultural heritage;
• Heritage Interpretation Installations;
• Innovation and Digitalization on the Development and Promotion of Cultural Tourism.
• Transnational Thematic Tourism Products, including Cultural Routes.
• Gastronomic Heritage, Wine and Gastronomy Tourism (in partnership with IterVitis for wine tourism and the FOODBIZ Erasmus+ project led by the University of Macerata).
• Contributes of the Cultural and Creative Industries (CCIs) for the Cultural and Creative Tourism.
• Initiatives within the scope of the “European Year of Cultural Heritage 2018”, initiatives on “Tourism and Heritage”.
The winners will be announced on the ceremony which shall take place during the 12th International Conference for Cultural Tourism, from 24 to 26 October 2019, in Granada, Spain.