WORLD TRAVEL AWARDS – MADEIRA ELECTED THE BEST EUROPEAN ISLAND DESTINATION
Madeira was once again elected the Best European Island Destination for the sixth time.
This year, the award was granted in Funchal, in the European Gala of the World Travel Awards which took place at the Belmond Reids Hotel. Madeira won over destinations such as the Azores, Balearic Islands, Canary Islands, Crete, Cyclades, Cyprus, Guernsey, Jersey, Malta, Sardinia and Sicily.
In tonight’s gala, the Madeiran hotel sector also received several awards:
- Hotel Pestana CR7 Funchal was awarded in the categories of Portugal’s Leading Boutique and Portugal’s Leading Lifestyle Hotel.
- Galomar Resort was awarded as the Europe’s Leading Green Resort, an award received for the third consecutive time.
- Belmond Reids, the event’s host, received two awards: the Europe’s Leading Island Resort and the Portugal’s Leading Hotel.
- Pestana Porto Santo was awarded the Europe’s Leading All-inclusive Resort award.
- Quinta Bela Vista was awarded the Europe’s Leading Boutique award.