“CELEBRATE THE NEW YEAR'S EVE AT HOME" and COMPLY WITH THE HEALTH GUIDELINES
“Celebrate the New Year's Eve at Home” is the motto of the campaign promoted by the Regional Government through the Regional Secretariats for Health and Civil Protection and Tourism and Culture with the main objective of raising awareness among the residents and those visiting us for a different and safe New Year's Eve.
As with the Christmas Festivities, New Year's Eve is to take place in the middle of the COVID-19 pandemic in which the compliance with the guidelines issued by the health authorities is essential to maintain the epidemiological situation under control in the region.
Preventing, Protecting and Caring continue to be the keywords at the end of the year and the beginning of 2021. We should therefore comply with the following guidelines, thus reducing the risk of contagion with the new coronavirus in the Region:
- Wear a face mask;
- Promote respiratory etiquette and physical distancing;
- Sanitize your hands frequently;
- Limit New Year get-togethers to the family unit with whom you live;
- Avoid being with different family groups;
- Contact your friends and other family members digitally or with a phone call;
- Share New Year wishes and friendship by replicating the message that we live in different times, but that the sentiment can be the same as always. Celebrate respecting the rules in force.
The display was designed to be watched from home, if you live in Funchal, and / or on RTP-Madeira, the internet through the social networks and channels of the Regional Government or on the Naminhaterra channel.
During the firework display, you can listen to the soundtrack on the radio channel - 97.8 FM
Some of the most sought after spots, such as Pico dos Barcelos and Miradouros das Neves, will have their capacity controlled and limited, as designated areas have been created to allow the distancing of family units with a maximum of 5 persons, 2 metres apart, between each other.
Praça CR7, Avenida Sá Carneiro, Funchal Marina, Praça do Povo, Avenida do Mar and Miradouro da Nazaré, will have designated areas to watch the New Year's Eve display, however we appeal for the compliance of the following measures:
- Respect the designated areas;
- Respect a maximum of 5 persons from the same family unit in each designated area;
- Maintain the distance;
- Avoid circulating;
- Wear a face mask;
- Do not eat or drink in public areas.
By complying with these guidelines you will be contributing to your security and the effective control of the COVID-19 pandemic in the Autonomous Region of Madeira.