The Toy Museum is located on the premises of the Armazém do Mercado and presents the collections of old toys by José Manuel Borges Pereira, enriched with some contributions from other private collections.
This collection has about 20,000 pieces where the visitor will be able to observe toys of national and international manufacture dated between the end of the 19th century until the present day, with particular emphasis on the collections made up of dolls, toy soldiers, miniatures, automobiles and games.
The collections of the Toy Museum of Madeira are displayed over 7 rooms, namely:
- Portuguese Toys
- Miniatures, Cars, Lorries and other vehicles
- Military, Airplanes, Firefighters and Motorcycles
- Star Wars, Action Man and other collectibles
- Super Heroes and Micro Machines
- Games Room and didactic activities