Living in Madeira
Living in Madeira – Golden Visa
From October,8th 2012, national citizens of third States were able to apply for a Residence Permit in Portugal for investment purposes, commonly called – “Golden Visa”
Residence Permit in Portugal for investment purposes (ARI)
The “golden Visa” or ARI (Residence Permit in Portugal) for investment purposes is a temporary residence permit for citizens from countries outside the European Union (holders of valid Schengen Visas, or beneficiaries of Visa exemption), who fulfil certain requirements, essentially related to investment, the purchase of real estate and/or job creation, being released from the obligation to present the residence visa to enter national territory. Their holders have the right to family reunification, and may have access to a permanent residence and work permit, as well as Portuguese citizenship, in accordance with the legal provisions in force and to travel freely within the Schengen area (26 EU countries).
The residence permit is given initially for a period of 5 years, in which the requirements of its assignment must be maintained, with minimum periods of residence in the national territory during the years of validity of the authorisation. The authorisation may be extended for periods of 2 years, fulfilling the attribution requirements. All without prejudice to the holder, who may later apply for: permanent residence permit and or Portuguese nationality.
Applicants must meet at least one of three conditions:
- Capital transfer with a value equal to or above 1 million Euros;
- Creation of, at least, 10 job positions;
- Acquisition of real estate with a value equal to or above 500 thousand Euros.
Fo furher details or to present your application online go to the Portuguese Immigration and Borders offcial website
The information provided herewith does not preclude consultation of:
• Act n. 29/2012, of the 9 th August, Article 90-A
• Order 11820-A/2012 of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and of the Ministry of Internal Affairs, of the 4th September 2012
• Order 1661-A/2013 of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and of the Ministry of Internal Affairs, of the 28th January 2013
• Ordinance on setting the administrative fees nº305 – A/2012, ofthe 4th October 2012
For further information go to:
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs: www.secomunidades.pt
- Portuguese Immigration and Borders Service: www.sef.pt
- AICEP - Portugal Global - Trade & Investment Agency:http://www.portugalglobal.pt/PT/Paginas/home.aspx