Casa Velha do Palheiro
Located in the Eastern hills of Funchal, set in the tranquillity of the famous Palheiro Gardens and adjacent to the Palheiro golf course, bought in 1885 by John B. Blandy, a family linked to the marketing of Madeira wine.
Located only 7 kilometres from the centre of Funchal, it is surrounded by the Palheiro Gardens and the Palheiro golf course. It was built in the nineteenth century as a hunting lodge for a count. In 1885, it was bought by John B. Blandy and has been owned by the same family ever since. After adaptation works, it opened in 1997 as one of the first five-star inns in Madeira. Today, it is part of the Palheiro Nature Estate group and belongs to the Relais & Châteaux world chain.
It has 33 rooms and 5 suites, and has various equipment and services, including a Tea House in the garden, outdoor pool, tennis court, a Spa with indoor pool, gym and a pleasure boat. The hotel's restaurant is a gourmet reference point. It is a hotel unit where you can rest and enjoy, not only the beautiful facilities with an English style, with all the comfort, but also the natural surroundings, especially the huge gardens, providing quiet walks, with lush vegetation. Nearby, the golf course is another attraction, very well equipped, for those who enjoy the sport.